Effective Date: September 10, 2020
“Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you as an identifiable individual. Personal Information includes your name, gender, age, date of birth, demographic information, postal address, telephone number, account information (including usernames and passwords), email address, information about your Internet connection, payment card data and information collected through cookies and other technologies.
We respect your privacy and want you to be familiar with the measures we take to protect your Personal Information. Collectively, we refer to the Site, emails and other electronic communications as the “Services.”
Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information directly from you in a number of ways, including, but not limited to:
- When you use the Services, (for example, if you order a product from us, sign up for our promotions or join our mailing list), we may collect the Personal Information that you provide.
- If you order from us through a third-party retailer, we may collect Personal Information about you from that third party, including information about your other interactions with that retailer.
- If you access the Site through social media or other third-party services, or when you review our products, “like” or tag our posts, or otherwise direct a posting to us, we may collect Personal Information about you from that service. We may also receive publicly-available Personal Information about you from your profile, photos, other pages or posts that you have “liked” and other profile data. Your privacy settings on social media sites may restrict what information we obtain about you from them.
- Whenever you post publicly or share comments publicly, we may collect information about you that accompanies the post, including your name, username, email address, your photo or avatar, and any other information publicly accessible in your post.
Information We Collect Automatically
We use a variety of technologies to automatically collect certain information on our visitors and customers who interact with our Services. For example, we may use browser cookies (small pieces of information stored as text files on the hard drive of your computer) and web beacons (for example, pixel tags) to speed your navigation of the Site, recognize you and your access privileges, collect certain information relating to your usage of the Services, and to identify errors.
The information we may collect includes:
- usage and identifying information about the equipment you use to access the Site, including your IP address, device model, browser information, operating system; and
- information on the pages and items you view, when and how many times you view a page or item, and related information concerning how you access the Services. If you use multiple devices to access our site, we may associate your usage from all of your devices together.
Where permitted by law, we may obtain location information from the devices you use to interact with the Site. You may choose whether and how the Site collects and uses information about your device’s location through your device’s privacy settings. However, certain aspects of the Site may be inaccessible or not function properly if you block the use of location information.
Information From Other Sources
Information that you give us may be combined with other information from trusted third-party sources (including, for example, usage data and cookies collected by Google Analytics) to make our marketing efforts more efficient, correct our records and deliver your next purchase or catalog more easily.
Combining Your Information
We may maintain, associate and aggregate the information we collect automatically about you together with the Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. Doing so allows us to improve the Services and deliver a customized, personalized experience that is tailored to your interests.
How We Use Your Information
We may use Personal information for business and administrative purposes, and to carry out our legal and other legitimate business interests. Generally, we use Personal Information for the following reasons:
- Services Fulfillment and Functionality: to verify your information, process and fulfill your transactions, review and respond to your inquiries, provide you with account information and notices, send you administrative notices (including changes to our terms, conditions and policies) and to contact and communicate with you when necessary;
- Marketing: to provide you, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, with personalized offers and advertising through the Services or other websites, social media or other services you use, and to contact you with catalogs, promotional emails, advertisements or surveys from us or our partners and affiliates.
- Business Reporting: to analyze our users’ behavior and prepare reports on how the Services are used, and to identify, investigate and prevent activities which, in our sole discretion, violate our policies, constitute fraud, or are otherwise illegal;
- Promotional Activities: to offer you the opportunity to participate in contests, sweepstakes or other promotions sponsored by Goat or our affiliates;
- Business Improvements: To provide, measure, enhance, optimize and improve the Services and your shopping experience, to analyze the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional activities, to develop new functionality, products and services, and to provide you with customized content, advertising or recommendations;
- Legal: To carry out our obligations, manage our relationships under any contracts entered into between you and us, and comply with our legal obligations;
- For any other purposes that we disclose at the time you provide information or otherwise with your consent.
How We Share Your Information
- Affiliates and Service Providers: We may engage third parties to perform certain services and functions on our behalf, such as maintaining the Site, processing online payments, delivering orders, analyzing usage data, providing marketing support and providing customer service. These companies have access to Personal Information needed to perform their services or functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Partners: We do not share Personal Information with third parties who we have reason to believe use such information for their own direct marketing purposes. If you prefer that we not share your name and postal address with other companies, please see "How to remove your name from our mailing, sharing or email list" section below.
- We may disclose Personal Information for any other purpose that we disclose when you provide information or otherwise with your consent.
Anonymized, aggregated data does not constitute Personal Information, and we may use and share such anonymized, aggregated data without restriction.
You must be at least 13 years of age (or older if required by law in your jurisdiction) to access or use the Services. The Site is not intended to be used by children without the direct involvement and express approval of a parent or guardian who already has an account with us.
California residents have the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended (“CCPA”), certain California residents may have additional data privacy rights, such as the right to be notified about what Personal Information is collected about you, and our intended use and purpose for collecting your personal information. In some circumstances, California residents have the right to know and access the categories or specific pieces of personal information we have collected, used, or disclosed about you over the past 12 months; the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; and the purpose for which your personal information was collected, used, or disclosed. In addition, certain California residents have the right to request that we transfer, to the extent feasible, Personal Information in certain forms and formats. California residents have the right to request that we (and any applicable service provider) delete/erase your Personal Information under certain circumstances. California residents have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information, and we do not sell, lease, or rent Personal Information on any individual, including minors, to a third-party for profit or other valuable consideration. California residents have the right not to be subject to discrimination for asserting their rights under the CCPA. If you make, or an authorized agent on your behalf makes, any request related to your Personal Information under the CCPA, we will ascertain your identity (and the identity of the authorized agent, to the extent applicable) to the degree of certainty required under the law before addressing your request. We may require you to match at least two or three pieces of personal information we have previously collected from you before granting you access to, or erasing, specific pieces, or categories of, Personal Information, or otherwise respond to your request. We may require written documentation that demonstrates a third party is authorized to serve as your agent for the purposes of submitting the requests set forth herein.
How to Remove your Name from our Mailing, Sharing or Email List and Opt-Out of Promotional Mailings
To remove your name from our mailing, sharing, or email list, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. “Delete Account” must appear in the subject of the email
You may also send your request by mail to the following address:
ATTN: Account Deletion
10222 Pecan Park Blvd., Ste. 101, Building 1
Austin, TX 78729
Do Not Track Signals
Some web browsers may send “do-not-track” signals. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate these signals, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they are even aware of them. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
The information that we collect and process is retained and stored in the United States, and we do not participate in the U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks. In some circumstances, we may use third-party service providers that retain information and data on our behalf in the United States and in other countries. Please be aware that information you provide to may be transferred outside the United States, and that the United States and other countries may not provide the same level of data protection as the laws in your country. By continuing to provide us such information you hereby consent to your Personal Information being transferred to, and stored in, the United States or any other country outside your country of residence.
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, no information system can be fully secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Site over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks, and you provide us with any information and data at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable or otherwise responsible for any data incidents that may compromise the confidentiality, integrity, or security of your Personal Information. The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you. When you have obtained a user name and password to access the Site, you are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of those account credentials and for not revealing them to others. You must contact us immediately if you have to reason to believe that your user name or password to our Site has been compromised.
How to Contact Us
You may also contact us by mail at the following address:
10222 Pecan Park Blvd., Ste. 101, Building 1
Austin, TX 78729